When will the cathedral reopen?
The cathedral is closed for touristic visit.
All services in the Cathedral and in the chapel of Our Lady on the Schoenmarkt are cancelled, due to the effort of slowing the spread of the Coronavirus.
See you soon, take good care of each other!
How will we ensure together that the visit is safe?
We will do our utmost to ensure that everyone can access the cathedral in a pleasant and safe way.
We put the well-being of our visitors and employees first, which is why we want to ensure a safe environment and request that you also take some measures.
We therefore ask that you please observe the following measures.
- Please wear a face mask before entering the cathedral.
- A maximum of visitors is set to ensure a safe visit.
- Inside the cathedral, the rules of social distancing should be applied. We therefore ask visitors to keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres.
- Disinfection gel is available.
- Large bags and backpacks will be refused at the entrance; handbags and small backpacks will be allowed.
- Follow the directions if highlighted, touch as little as possible, and follow the instructions of the staff.
- For the time being, no leaflets will be handed out and the public sanitary facilities are closed in order to reduce the risk of contamination.
What else can I do?
- Stay at home, especially if you're sick.
- Wash your hands before and after your visit with soap.
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres when you are outside.
- Limit your physical social contacts.
- Wear a mouth mask on public transport and in busy public spaces.
- Use a new paper handkerchief each time and throw it away in a closed garbage can.
- No handkerchief? cough or sneeze on the inside of your elbow.
For more information about the COVID-19 virus and prevention measures, go to info-coronavirus.be
What is the temporary schedule?
The Cathedral is closed due to the effort of
slowing the spread of the Coronavirus.